Thursday, May 9, 2013

Journal wk 26 by Christina

Sunday, May 5
Today our family went to church. In the service, the Pastor’s wife, Lady Marva, preached. She talked about how when you don’t have something, be creative and use something else to fulfill the purpose of the thing you don’t have. If you don’t have money to pay the bills for light, live by candlelight. Be creative with what you have.
 Philippians 4: 10-13
I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it.  I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
Monday, May 6
It’s back to school! I have been working hard on my schoolwork, but I wonder if it is enough to finish everything. I certainly hope it will be. I wonder if i just have a lot of schoolwork to do. I read a very interesting story called snow treasure. In this story, a 12 year old boy named Peter finds his home invaded by Germans who hope to strip his country, Norway, of it’s hidden wealth and treasure. The citizens of Norway then turn to the children to smuggle the gold on their sleds to a ship ready to take it away. It is a book of courage and bravery that comes from even the smallest of hearts.
Deuteronomy 31:8
 The Lord himself will lead you and be with you. He will not fail you or abandon you, so do not lose courage or be afraid.
Tuesday, May 7
Today is American Heritage girls. Today we learned that in June, the group I am currently in, the Explorers, are going to have a backyard sleepover, but at the same day, the group I will be moving to, the Pioneers, are having a camp out. Seeing as I’m stuck in the middle, I can decide to go on the sleepover or go camping. It’s very hard.
Genesis 2:19
So the Lord God formed from the ground all the wild animals and all the birds of the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would call them, and the man chose a name for each one.
Wednesday, May 8
Today we went to Youth group. Miss J was talking about what Miss Marva was preaching about. Then we ere given notebooks and had to write what we thought they meant.
Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Do not worry about giving your thoughts to the Lord because he already knows.
7
God will protect your heart and mind, and keep your soul clean from temptation and deception.
8
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Stop thinking about the negative things in life, instead, think about the positive things, which will  leave to foothold in your heart for the devil to take control of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment