Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Mental health screening creates crisis where none exists

Current Event
by Gloria

From: http://www.naturalnews.com/033969_mental_health_screening_teens.html
 (Oops, I forgot to check the date. The article is not current, but the issue still is.)

Because of increased rate of suicide and depression in teens, a program has been started called "Teen Screen" and has been proved to be drastically wrong. Teen Screen is a test, which basically tries to assign a mental disorder to the individual who takes it. Middle and High schools all over are starting to make their students take this test.

In my opinion, this test is unnecessary and wrong. Personally, I wouldn't want a label following me around for the rest of my life. Yes, a label. And I could guess that I would be labeled with ADD. ADD is Attention Deficit Disorder and I would probably be given pills to take that I have heard "make you stop feeling hungry." That is proof right there that it messes with your body. Psalm 139:13 says, "for you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." God made us, so people should stop trying to find something wrong with God's creation.

This isn't just a personal problem. There is an 84-94% chance that a teen who takes this test will be labeled falsely. If a teen is labeled with a disorder they are given medicine. Apparently, parents have no say in this. Statistics show that if every teen in America takes this test, then over 8 million kids will be put "into the hands of the psychiatric/drug industry." The writer of the article made it clear that essentially, the children will be given drugs. This actually could change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment