Monday, April 29, 2013

LA, Gloria
There's No Place Like... My Backyard

One of my favorite places in the world isn't anywhere exotic. It's probably only is special to me. In fact, it's my backyard. Not much grass grows in my backyard, and whatever grass does manage to struggle up, it looks very untidy and messy. In the middle of my yard, there is a play set, with a wooden 'house'as well as a swing set with three swings. The play set is about six years old, it's sturdy, and not rotting, but it doesn't exactly look brand new. To the right of the play set is a little shed, all metal, which is also pretty untidy.

Even though the whole place sounds like a mess, I like it. If I want a place to think, or just want to do something, I swing on that old swing set. The whole place is familiar and comforting. I feel calmer, and it gives my spirits a boost. I hope everyone can find a special place for themselves like my backyard.

1 comment:

  1. It's so nice to have a place like that, even if we're the only one who thinks so, right?
    Thanks for sharing, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete