Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Angel's Appearance

by Christina
A "Flash-back" story

As I lie in my bed I remember last year, when I met my best friend, who had once came to make my wish come true. She still visits me often, as I get lonely. Mom and Dad aren't around much, so she and my stuffed animals are my only company. And now, as I look back, my adventure with her is as clear as though it happened yesterday

~oOo~

"I was in bed, as I am now, but I was worried. My father went to Europe, looking for a job. The trip had cost us most of our money and I could tell that Mom was struggling to keep us fed. She was working as hard as she could, and I tried to help her. But it was hard. Many times when Mom or I found something  she would press it on me, insisting I needed it more than she did. But I always try and have her eat. We often wen tot the streets, looking for scraps. I looked at the sky, and saw a shooting star. I wished, please help us. Then to my astonishment, it swiveled in my direction. It began to streak towards me. I stood as it streaked closer... I closed my eyes, waiting for the crash. There was thunder, light, and then nothing. I opened my eyes.

"Surprising, isn't it?"

I spun around. There, on my shelf, was a stuffed dragon, but the most surprising thing was the dragon was moving. I gawked unable to say anything. Then the dragon turned its head towards me. "I believe I had com to help a human, " the dragon said, "but it seems I was mistaken and I must help a fish."

I closed my mouth but as I stared, my mind was racing. This must be a dream, I confirmed. The dragon snorted, sending sparks everywhere. "A dream? I should think not." I was so surprised I spun around, collapsed on my bed, and fainted.

~oOo~

There was laughter behind me. There stood Leriline, perched on the shelf.

I smiled. "Well, it can be surprising when your stuffed animal comes to life."

"Yes, very surprising," she said. "Continue the story."

~oOo~

"The next day I woke up. "I had a weird dream," I said. "I dreamed that I saw a shooting star, but it wasn't a shooting star, and my dragon came alive. Oh well," I said, sitting up. "It doesn't matter."

"Does it?" Said a soft, small voice. Behind me was the dragon, sitting with its tail curled over its feet. The dragon leaped into the air, and landed gracefully on my chest. "A bit skinny..." The dragon said, circling my waist. "Tall, young, and fast, but the heart? Been through hard times... I've done enough. You are te one I was sent for. Yesterday I was unable to introduce myself properly. My name is Leriline, female angel. You must be Lily."

"How do you-" I began.

"I know many things," said Leriline. She flew to the stand where she examined my stuffed animals: a bear, a squirrel, and a unicorn. "Do you mind?" she asked. Then, before I could answer, there was thunder, light, and three animals staring  in confusion at each other. The unicorn got to her feet and said, "So, my name is Acacia? Not sure about that name..."

As Leriline beckoned me closer, she said, "I'd like to introduce you to Lily!" She flew to my shoulder and they looked u. Squirrel gave a shriek of terror and hid behind Acacia's legs. Anna fell backwards in a faint. Acacia, however, looked up and gave a leap to the floor. Squirrel also jumped and hurried out of the room. I followed, Acacia running in front of me and Leriline flying just over my head. Then Squirrel shot into my mother's bedroom.But when I went in, no one was in the room, not even Squirrel. My mother had vanished, and there was a tiny ball of light. I leaped for the ball. I heard "Lily, no!" before I disappeared.

~oOo~

Well, that was unexpected." Acacia said.

""I don't know what had come over me." I said.

"Well," said Leriline. "I think it's time I take over."

~oOo~

"Lily leaped for the ball. "Lily, no!" I yelled. She hung in the air for a second then disappeared.

"What happened?" cried Acacia, alarmed.

"That was a portal," I explained. "It took her somewhere else, and it's probably not a good place."

"Let's go, then!" Acacia cried. "We have to save Lily!"

"I don't think we should-" I stopped as Acacia hit it and disappeared. "NO!" I shouted, and also dived into the ball. Everything went dark, and as I collapsed on top of Acacia. My worst fears were confirmed: we were in the devil's dungeon, in a cage.

"Come to join your friends, have you?" There, behind me, stood the devil himself, all ten heads grinning.

Lily appeared out of the shadows. "You-"" she said things that made me look at her in shock.

When she finished, the devil went away, and Lily dragged out her mother, who was unconscious.

I began to mutter, and Anna appeared. "Anna!" I called. "Get us out of here!"

Anna ran. As soon as her paw touched the lock, the door slid open and we all climbed out. "Wait!" I said. "That tree!" I said, pointing to it. "It's the only know existing money tree! This could solve all Lily's problems!" Lily grabbed the tree, I said a few words, and we were back. "I must return home. What I came to do is done."

Lily turned to me. "Now?" she asked.

"Don't worry," I said, as tears began to fill my eyes. "I'll visit often, I promise." And with those last words, I retuened to heaven."

~oOo~

"Whoa!" said Squirrel, his eyes open as Leriline finished her tale.

"I nearly cried too," I admitted. Then I smiled, and said, "I'm glad to have friends like you."

No comments:

Post a Comment